Saturday, April 07, 2007

Stay Away From the Raisins

While I was perusing my boxes of floppy disks I should toss out I found the utterly charming candy on the left. I'm wishing I'd found it way the hell back in Feb. when all that sickening Valentine's rubbish was floating around. It's sort of the sentiment I feel every Valentine's Day.

It's the sorta thing I'd love to have printed up to present to my nearest and dearest, whoever the hell they tend to be. I could even just hand them out in clubs to random guys. It would save loads of time and money in the end, and we could just cut to the chase and end up with a crying guy, rather than go through the trouble of arguing, breaking all his stuff, restraining orders, lawsuits--then still wind up with a crying guy. See, when you think I'm just being a cheap, evil bitch I'm really just being practical.

On to Easter. I think that's the holiday when Jebus rolls back the rock from his tomb, sees his shadow and we have six more weeks of winter. (pause) You think I'm going to Hell? I've already bought lakefront property there. Next time tell me something I don't know.

This cute little guy here on the left is the reason I was rummaging around in dusty old floppy disks. It's the Easter Bunny, all ready to lay yummy chocolate eggs in your Easter basket! Isn't he sweet? The tentacles around his mouth make him look a bit like Cthulu. He's also got cloven hooves. Don't get me started on the eyes. The eyes!!!

Remember, the Easter Bunny knows where you live. Sometime tonight he'll break into your house and leave a basket full of goodies--for no real reason that I can figure out. I think good little kids get chocolate and he just takes a big ol' steaming dump in the baskets of bad little kids. I'd be a bit wary of eating any chocolate-covered raisins you find piled up in your basket sans wrapper tomorrow morning.

So what's the deal with Easter anyhow? There's some guff about mutant rabbits that lay chocolate eggs that hatch into Marshmallow Peeps. People buy stupid frilly hats and wander around wearing them in public. Parents dress their kids up like complete dorks and drag them to church. Dozens of helpless eggs get boiled, painted, kicked around in the yard, then thown in the trash. Seems a bit pointless if you ask me.

Personally, I stay home and wait for it all to blow over, then on Monday morning the Cadbury's Creme Eggs are half price.

6 comments:

Mouse said...

"Half-priced Easter candy Monday" is my favorite holiday!!
I'm going over to the inlaws to eat honey-cured ham until I make myself sick.. and none of us (to my knowledge anyway..) are wearing fluffy outfits or frilly hats. I'm just hoping that they manage to keep the religious mumbo-jumbo to a minimum until I've eaten at least my weight in ham and sweets.

Severina said...

Droooollll, honey-cured ham....

I think I know what I'm having for dinner on Monday, half-priced ham and Easter candy!

Obsidian Kitten said...

now if cthulu-bunny laid cadbury creme eggs--that would totally rule.

i didn't get any honey-cured ham this year, but i didn't have any family inflicted on me, either. i hate that getting the good food always requires enduring some sort of family ordeal in exchange.

feh, holidays.

i always look for the half-price bunnies-chicks-rabbits sweet tarts mix on the day-after-easter holiday. those are nummy.

Anonymous said...

Doctor Cheap Ed Hardy hats what would Cheap Ed Hardy caps happen Cheap Ed Hardy Kids if we Cheap Ed Hardy Sunglasses waited Cheap Ed Hardy Bags an Cheap Ed Hardy SPECIALS hour Cheap Ed Hardy Belts or two Ed Hardy Tops Sale on a Ed Hardy Shoes Sale vaginal birth Ed Hardy Jeans Sale and Tiffany Key Ring head to Tiffany Set the Tiffany and co Charm operating Tiffany and co Bracelet roombut Cheap Links of London Earrings it shows Cheap Links of London Rings that Cheap Links of London Chain with the Cheap Links of London Pendants rising Csection Cheap Links of London sweetie rate now Cheap Links of London heart charm one in Cheap Links of London jewellery three babies Links of London Charms Sale is born Links of London Sweetie Bracelets Sale via Caesarean Links of London Sweetie Watches Sale women who want Links of London Friendship Bracelets Sale vaginal

maiyuan said...

Polk County State Attorney Tiffanys Jerry Hill told the judge that DNA testing Links London jewellery had excluded Bain from the crime Cheap Ed Hardy Clothing He s just not connected with this particular incident Hill said Ed Hardy Clothing Sale Mr Bain I m now signing the order sir Discount Ed Hardy Clothing the judge said referring to an order vacating the judgment and sentence Tiffany and co You are a free man Congratulations Tiffany Jewellery he said and the courtroom erupted into applause Tiffany Jewelry In 1974 the 9 year old Lake Wales Tiffany and co Jewelry Florida Tiffany and co Jewellery victim had told police that his attacker had bushy sideburns and a mustache Tiffany UK After being shown five photos of potential suspects Tiffany sale the victim picked out one of Bain Links of London jewellery the police report said Cheap Links of London jewellery The victim now 44 Links of London UK lives in Florida and was made aware of Bain s situation Discount Links of London according to multiple sources Ed Hardy Speaking to reporters Thursday Cheap Ed Hardy Bain said he was going home with family Tiffany and co UK I m going to see my mom he said.

Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.