Thursday, October 19, 2006

Choklit From Forn Parts

I got stuck in traffic trying to come home; George Dubya is here for some useless fundraiser and is blocking every route to my house. If I didn't vote for your ass can I please go home the regular way? I might not throw anything.

So I finally get home and sitting propped against my apartment door was a box with customs stickers and an Australian postmark. My PRGE gifty thingy!

I opened the box and everything was all wrapped up in Aussie newspapers with strange little messages drawn on and all wrapped up in black string, so I got stuff to read. And pirate balloons to blow up.

Mmmm, I got some fancy-ass dark chocolate (now with teethmarks in it), some dark chocolate-covered coffee beans (one of my favorite chocolatey things), chocolate pirates & a frog (already gone), something I'd never seen before--chocolate rocks. These things look exactly like those tumbled stones you can buy but the damn things are edible. I'm supposed to share the rocks and some gourmet Jelly Bellies with my brother. Dunno, they might not last that long. ;)

Did I say chocolate covered coffee beans are one of my favorite things? I'll be a total ho for chocolate covered coffee beans. They don't necessarily have to be from The Chocolate Shop in Hobart *crunch crunch crunch* but I'll be a ho for chocolate covered coffee beans.

OK, somehow she knew that I did not have a pincushion, so she sent me a cool beaded handmade one and a couple packs of pins to go in it just in case I didn't have any of those either, so now I got no excuse not to get back to my sewing. The pincushion's the round thing in the photo with the floral patterned fabric and the really cool button in the center.

Mmmmm, I got a set of fancy stitch markers made with black and red faceted glass beads. She somehow knew that I'd been using those little cheap-ass plastic ones! The photo's so lousy you can only see the LBC tag they're tied to. The next thing I knit that needs stitches marked will have those in the pic so be patient! There's also a couple of balls of soy silk yarn that I've been dying to work with, as soon as I decide on a project and what colors to dye them in. Oh yeah, some nice Landscapes dyes and some lace pattern and I'm all set! Or I'll spin up and dye some accent yarn to go with it. *thinking and eating coffee beans*

So I've been rubbing and smelling the yarn and eating chocolate since I got home and that made the nasty ol' Republican cooties go away. Yes, I huff yarn. You should try it sometime, especially silk.

OK, Secret Punk Pal, you rule!

Damien likes the box but he's not so impressed by the balloons.

Did I say my PRGE pal ruled?

Coffee is good for flu--you get loopy from the meds and the caffeine.

Later comment: OK, Hobart is in Tasmania, making the choklit even more exotic. Suddenly I'm thinking of Errol Flynn and weird stripy animals with pockets. Mmmm, Errol Flynn covered in chocolate.

9 comments:

Lani said...

It must be a cat thing. They love the boxes. The smaller the box, the more they have to get INTO THAT box. LOL!
Glad you are feeling better, Sev.

Mouse said...

I sniff yarn (and roving.. as long as its the processed kind and not fleece with sheep poop on it) as well.. I hate my LYS because they use some sort of room spray on all of their yarn and I have to put it all outside so that it doesn't stink.

Severina said...

Your LYS deoderises the yarn??? What kind of freaks do that? They must not know the joys of huffing yarn. Silk is one of my faves and musk ox, and when you get raw cotton and wash the yarn in hot water after you've spun it--it smells like brewing tea!

Oh Lani, I once had a 20-lb. cat that liked to cram himself into shoeboxes. He looked like a loaf of bread.

Anonymous said...

yeah, soo happy the parcel arrived!

I'm already planning the next one so be warned!!
If you need more of the soysilk I'd be only too happy to ablidge....we can do a swap thing:)

I now need to know what huffing is...sounds like something the cat does?

My cat too like to sit in boxes, not only small ones but narrow ones as well.

:) sprg girl :)

Severina said...

Mmmm, huffing is sticking your nose in a wad of yarn and having a nice snort. I tend to rub my face around in it too, since I'm a weirdo.

Yup, exactly what cats do. :)

I'm the creepy chick in the far corner of the yarn store smelling everything, but then if I'm going to wear something I've knitted I damn well better like how it smells, right?

Obsidian Kitten said...

you might as well go on to add that "huffing" is generally applied to the deliberate inhaling of chemicals for the purpose of Getting High.

i will proceed to quote from Wikipedia on this topic: "Inhalants are a chemically diverse group of psychoactive substances composed of organic solvents and volatile substances commonly found in more than 1000 common household products, such as adhesives, hair spray, air fresheners, gasoline, lighter fluid, and paint.

"The practice of inhaling such substances is sometimes colloquially referred to as huffing, sniffing or chroming."

altho it rly does sound more like what the cat does what yakking up a nice hairball...

Obsidian Kitten said...

yakking = vomiting = regurgitating = puking = heaving = heavering

for a more colorful description, see Sev's post of a few day's previous

maiyuan said...

Polk County State Attorney Tiffanys Jerry Hill told the judge that DNA testing Links London jewellery had excluded Bain from the crime Cheap Ed Hardy Clothing He s just not connected with this particular incident Hill said Ed Hardy Clothing Sale Mr Bain I m now signing the order sir Discount Ed Hardy Clothing the judge said referring to an order vacating the judgment and sentence Tiffany and co You are a free man Congratulations Tiffany Jewellery he said and the courtroom erupted into applause Tiffany Jewelry In 1974 the 9 year old Lake Wales Tiffany and co Jewelry Florida Tiffany and co Jewellery victim had told police that his attacker had bushy sideburns and a mustache Tiffany UK After being shown five photos of potential suspects Tiffany sale the victim picked out one of Bain Links of London jewellery the police report said Cheap Links of London jewellery The victim now 44 Links of London UK lives in Florida and was made aware of Bain s situation Discount Links of London according to multiple sources Ed Hardy Speaking to reporters Thursday Cheap Ed Hardy Bain said he was going home with family Tiffany and co UK I m going to see my mom he said.

Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.