Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Should Be Doing Homework

Apparently I post things when I have other, more pressing things to do. Like homework. I've got final critiques on two art projects, one tomorrow, the other on Tuesday. So of course I've been screwing around on the intercrappernet all day. I did stop to go grocery shopping in the rain, then ate too much supermarket sushi, so now I'm all groggy here listening to it rain.

I've said before, eBay rules. After getting into this odd discussion on my brother's blog, I decided to haul out some of my winnings. A month or so ago I won these boffo advertisements for caskets. Yup. Caskets. Four of them, dating from maybe between turn of the century to perhaps the 1920s. Not sure. Anyhow, I'm much too lazy to scan all four of them, or maybe I'm just too damned mean to post them all. Whatever.

Click the photos for larger ones. I mean, you already know how to do that , right? Huh???

This classy little number is lined with silk and comes complete with a set of "Gates Ajar" in case the guy taking the big dirt nap isn't going to see the Gates of Heaven himself. My favorite detail is the big scary fake dove falling off the gates into the casket. Or perhaps he's going right for the eyes. Birds do that to dead stuff.

This flashy little cream puff I like to call the "Sport Model". It's a convertible with the top down. Get it? Either you don't get it or you just don't care. You probably haven't even read down this far anyway, so what's the point of me finishing?

Whatever. The interior is silk and the exterior is upholstered like a sofa with some sort of velour plush, which I suspect attracts dirt and lint like a magnet. I bet it stains like you wouldn't believe.

9 comments:

msfortuknit said...

God speed on school, How much longer do you have? I just finished friday and am off for one week before summer school starts! wooohooo! What to do?? I love that box its fancy!!

Severina said...

Ugh, two more semesters of part-time classes. Most of the classes I need are scheduled at the same time.

Oh, then about twenty years of student loan repayments.

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting your site as a way to avoid grading homework. I guess we cancel each other out.

---an anonymous 9th grade English teacher in NC

William D. said...

Is there anybody want to travel Tibet? Hey there, I plan to Tibet Travel next month but I don't know anything about Tibet tour. I want by Tibet Train into Tibet, But I need a Tibet Travel Permit. If you're interested please let me know your tibet travel package and tibet tour package~

liuyanqiu918 said...

Doctor Cheap Ed Hardy hats what would Cheap Ed Hardy caps happen Cheap Ed Hardy Kids if we Cheap Ed Hardy Sunglasses waited Cheap Ed Hardy Bags an Cheap Ed Hardy SPECIALS hour Cheap Ed Hardy Belts or two Ed Hardy Tops Sale on a Ed Hardy Shoes Sale vaginal birth Ed Hardy Jeans Sale and Tiffany Key Ring head to Tiffany Set the Tiffany and co Charm operating Tiffany and co Bracelet roombut Cheap Links of London Earrings it shows Cheap Links of London Rings that Cheap Links of London Chain with the Cheap Links of London Pendants rising Csection Cheap Links of London sweetie rate now Cheap Links of London heart charm one in Cheap Links of London jewellery three babies Links of London Charms Sale is born Links of London Sweetie Bracelets Sale via Caesarean Links of London Sweetie Watches Sale women who want Links of London Friendship Bracelets Sale vaginal births

maiyuan said...

Not that long ago Ed Hardy in a galaxy not that far away Ed Hardy Clothing we released an update to Pharos IV Assault Ed Hardy Clothing sale This updates unleashes computer assisted torpedo targeting for greater accuracy Cheap Ed Hardy resumption from highest level attained Links London no more starting over from level Ed Hardy Sale and fixed the stutter issue that affected iPhone Cheap Tiffany users Update is for both iPhone Cheap Tiffany Jewelry Bartow Florida Cheap Tiffany and co After more than three decades in prison Tiffany and co UK a Florida man was set free Thursday after a DNA test showed he did not kidnap and rape a Tiffany and co sale year-old boy in 1974 I m not angry James Bain Tiffany told reporters after a brief hearing in Bartow Florida Tiffany Co Bain was 19 when he was convicted on charges of kidnapping Links of London burglary and strong-arm rape Links of London jewelry He received a life sentence cheap Links of London He s going home for the first time in 35 years Links of London sale I got God in my head Tiffanys said Bain Tiffany Jewellery surrounded by supporters and wearing a T shirt with Not Guilty Tiffany UK across the front.

Anonymous said...

thomas sabothomas sabo thomas sabo charmsthomas sabo charms thomas sabo shopthomas sabo shop thomas sabo onlinethomas sabo online thomas sabo jewellerythomas sabo jewellery
thomas sabo jewelrythomas sabo jewelry thomas sabo braceletthomas sabo bracelet thomas sabo ukthomas sabo uk thomas sabo salethomas sabo sale thomas sabo necklacethomas sabo necklace thomas sabo earringsthomas sabo earrings thomas sabo charm braceletthomas sabo charm bracelet

Anonymous said...

buy MBT shoes
sale mbt shoes sale
online cheap mbt shoes
free shipping discount mbt shoes
cheap mbt shoes us
like MBT Shoes discount
a good cheap Mbt Shoes sale
love discount Mbt Shoes sale but mbt discount shoes on sale mbt shoes on sale usa usa mbt shoes for sale buy cheap mbt shoes to sell mbt shoes usa online cheapest mbt shoes store I’d like why MBT shoes cheap Here mbt shoes sale in usa Sell mbt shoes on sale buy cheap us shoes to buy Mbt Shoes discount sell cheap Mbt Shoes sale good discount Mbt Shoes sale

Anonymous said...

diesel jeans
diesel jeans uk
diesel uk
diesel clothing
mens diesel jeans
cheap diesel jeans
diesel clothes
diesel jeans sale
diesel jeans london
diesel shop
diesel online shop
diesel online
diesel jeans online
diesel store