Friday, January 05, 2007

Six Stupid Things About Sev

Yes, it's meme time again! I've been tagged by pinsandneedles but everyone I thought of tagging has long since been tagged. I think I may have done this one before but since I have the memory of a piece of wet cardboard I'll go ahead and do it again. But with new, improved, and more evil answers! Muhuhahahaaa!

Ahem.

OK, I lied about having six whole brand-spankin' new answers. I've used the first one and will continue to foam at the mouth about it forever more. Just be glad I didn't put down answer 1 six times.

1. I hate flip-flops. I especially think guys in flip-flops are gross because to me it implies that they a lot of time fooling around out in the sun so they get tanned and tans are icky. I still feel like running across four lanes of rush-hour traffic and yanking the flip-flops off the guy's feet and beating the snot out of him with a flip-flop in each hand. Don't even suggest that I wear a pair or you might have to find a proctologist to remove them from your nether orifice.

2. I never learned to swim. It was just too much trouble to get to the Y to take lessons plus in the Olden Days everyone and their grandma didn't have a damn swimming pool. I like water but since water is usually outside in the nasty sun I see no need to get out in it. The damn cool black 1950's bathing suit I have needs a new zipper anyhow.

3. Out of the 19 holes I have punched in my ears I did 15 of them with an ice cube and a big ol' safety pin in the 80's. My ears are just fine, thanks.

4. When I was a little kid my uncle made me a wooden rocking horse that had big, creepy eyes. The eyes scared me so much I immediately pulled them off. I had forgotten completely about the creepy creepy eyes until a couple of years ago when my mother was repainting the horse and dug up an old photo of it. I haven't slept well since.

5. I own over 1000 vinyl albums and play them a lot. Yeah, I know it's low-tech but I don't have a cellphone either. The computer I'm typing this on is run by steam.

6. I like bugs. I pick them up off the sidewalk and sometimes carry them to work. I'd never eat a bug (on purpose), despite pretty much being willing to eat everything else. I guess I just don't have a problem with tentacles.

You can all wake up now, the snooze-fest is over.

14 comments:

Diana said...

I do love knowing that all people are weird and it's just not me!!! Yawn!

BlackCrow said...

I just did one too!
flip flops....I think we call them thongs down here.
My folks wasted a lot of money with swimming lessons for me. Part of the reason was I was that I was so embarresed cos' my mum made me wear her 1950's one piece! You know the one made from thick nylon with underwire in the cups and a white frill skirt around the hips.
Ha! you play with bugs, I used to play with worms.

Scott said...

I didn't know that rocking horse ever had eyes. I just remember it being enormously huge and dangerous. So imagine my surprise when it got dug out of the barn and I saw how dinky it was.

Severina said...

Scott, the reason that damn horse was so dinky was years of lurking in the barn, not able to suck the very life essence from little children.

I'd sleep with one eye open from now on if I were you.

Blackcrow, worms count as bugs! I should have added that the feeling of a handful of earthworms blindly nosing between my fingers is a pleasure I've been missing since I moved to the city.

Ahhh, worms...

Severina said...

I should start using the phrase "earthworms blindly nosing between my fingers" way more often. I'll try next time I'm in line at the post office.

pinsandneedles said...

Oh, I love the post! I'm glad that I'm not the only one messed up. I didn't learn how to swim until I was 12 (and I lived near a lake almost my whole life and played in it often), I get creeped out by porcelain dolls, and I pierced my belly button with a safety pin sans ice when I was 13. It hurt, not to mention that it got infected and couldn't keep it anymore. I didn't play with bugs, but I did play with fire a lot. Still do.

Jammies said...

I didn't know you were a fellow BPAL addict either. *manic and broke grin*

No, I didn't learn that from this post, but who cares?

Anonymous said...

bugs have tentacles?

Queixa said...

My dogs are gay. I can only knit rectangles, and only in one color. The lizards eat all the bugs down here, except the fleas and ticks that my dogs collect. When I move to Manhattan, I'll be a few blocks from Central Park. Maybe there will be bugs there. I want one of those gay man-dresses you knitted for your boyfriend for Christmas. I want mine in purple and white. Can't you see me walking my gay dogs down the streets of Manhattan in that? By the way, will you make my dogs sweaters? or corsets, or something?

Queixa said...

Oh, by the way, I'm stopping in Stinktown on my way to Manhattan. Will be there Saturday night, Feb. 25. Staying with my friend Pete who's sisters cut hair at 19th and Main, just down the street from the studio. My word verification for this is cxboyjn.

wow power leveling said...

Gold key link for (wow power leveling) the law by all, such (wow power leveling) as bubble shadow dream (wow power leveling) hallucinations, such (power leveling) as exposed as well as (wow gold) electricity, should be (wow powerleveling) the case zhang xiao chen

Anonymous said...

Doctor Cheap Ed Hardy hats what would Cheap Ed Hardy caps happen Cheap Ed Hardy Kids if we Cheap Ed Hardy Sunglasses waited Cheap Ed Hardy Bags an Cheap Ed Hardy SPECIALS hour Cheap Ed Hardy Belts or two Ed Hardy Tops Sale on a Ed Hardy Shoes Sale vaginal birth Ed Hardy Jeans Sale and Tiffany Key Ring head to Tiffany Set the Tiffany and co Charm operating Tiffany and co Bracelet roombut Cheap Links of London Earrings it shows Cheap Links of London Rings that Cheap Links of London Chain with the Cheap Links of London Pendants rising Csection Cheap Links of London sweetie rate now Cheap Links of London heart charm one in Cheap Links of London jewellery three babies Links of London Charms Sale is born Links of London Sweetie Bracelets Sale via Caesarean Links of London Sweetie Watches Sale women who want Links of London Friendship Bracelets Sale vaginal

maiyuan said...

Polk County State Attorney Tiffanys Jerry Hill told the judge that DNA testing Links London jewellery had excluded Bain from the crime Cheap Ed Hardy Clothing He s just not connected with this particular incident Hill said Ed Hardy Clothing Sale Mr Bain I m now signing the order sir Discount Ed Hardy Clothing the judge said referring to an order vacating the judgment and sentence Tiffany and co You are a free man Congratulations Tiffany Jewellery he said and the courtroom erupted into applause Tiffany Jewelry In 1974 the 9 year old Lake Wales Tiffany and co Jewelry Florida Tiffany and co Jewellery victim had told police that his attacker had bushy sideburns and a mustache Tiffany UK After being shown five photos of potential suspects Tiffany sale the victim picked out one of Bain Links of London jewellery the police report said Cheap Links of London jewellery The victim now 44 Links of London UK lives in Florida and was made aware of Bain s situation Discount Links of London according to multiple sources Ed Hardy Speaking to reporters Thursday Cheap Ed Hardy Bain said he was going home with family Tiffany and co UK I m going to see my mom he said.

Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.